Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A ride down memory lane …

The first time I travelled by a public transport vehicle, sans any family member, was when I was in class Xth.

On that sunny afternoon, we four friends, missed our school bus, and had to ride back home in a state bus, BEST.

It was the first time I was travelling by bus. Was a little anxious. I recall clenching one of my friends arm all the way, fearing that the bus would jerk stop, and I will fall, break my crown, and what not…

After a while the apprehension was gone, anxiety transformed into excitement. Gosh, The Payal Murarka, had finally taken a state transport bus, shedding away all her fears… It was history for me in the making, to be noted in my small little red diary, later to be added in my “biography”, someday if I write, who knows!!

So busy was I with my own world of thoughts, didn’t realize that my friend tired of letting me hold her hand like a baby, had let go off me.

Vrooommmm …. The bus stopped at its destination with a jerk, and I flew backwards, falling into the lap of a young man, Eeeeeeuuuuuuuuu…...

Even as I grumbled, the man looked at me, smiling to himself (or was that a smirk), maybe thanking God, as if saying “Welcome girlie”!!!!!!!!!

The incidence never found any place in my diary… I was so discomfited back then. My friends couldn’t stop giggling once we unboarded..

Now when I look back, each time I recall this incident, I cant help smiling… at myself!!

Moral of the story: Sometimes when you really embarrassed/upset about something, look back at it with a different perspective… Maybe you will laugh at it and enjoy the fact that you ever lived that moment!!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Payal : HAPPY MAHA SHIVRATRI : Shiv Ki Shakti Shiv Ki Bhakti Khushi Ki Bahar Mile Mahadev Ki Kripa Se Aap ko Zindagi Ke Har Kadam Par Safalta Mile ......Sunil Khosla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Khosla Saab,

    Thank you for your wishes. May God shower His choicest Blessings on you and all your loved ones as well...

    Har Har Mahadev !!!

    Rgds
    Payal.

    ReplyDelete